Looking for a homeschool PreK-12 English curriculum that inspires enthusiasm and fervor? The Pahlow’s English program features advanced instruction in spelling, vocabulary, grammar, and composition delivered with passion and reverence. Homeschool Resource Packs include a 300+-page student workbook and comprehensive teacher’s guide and PowerPoint lectures on flash drive. Visit the English at Home page at www.pahlowsenglish.com. We welcome your questions, and we look forward to coming alongside in your homeschool journey.
Looking for Christ-Centered English classes and curriculum for K – 12?Visit Mrs. Pahlow's business website at www.pahlowsenglish.com
Also from the Teacher’s Desk…
Classics Worthy of Resurrection
While the media was glorifying the “right to die” movement, I revisited the story of Joni Eareckson. At seventeen, this star athlete broke her neck in a diving accident. After a few years, it became clear she would never regain the use of her limbs. Her journey through depression and doubt in the God she loved is brutal and honest; her conclusions, both convicting and liberating. Then in her early twenties, Joni wrote candidly about the pain of never being able to have a husband. I do not think I am spoiling anything to say that she is now Joni Eareckson Tada: author of 48 books, accomplished painter and singer, and leader of an international ministry for the disabled.
A Brilliantly Revisited Classic
Focus on the Family Radio Theatre's
"The Screwtape Letters" by C.S. Lewis
Andy Serkis (the voice of Gollum from "The Lord of the Rings") gives an unforgettable vocal performance as the sinister elder demon, instructing his young protege on the finer arts of capturing the souls of men. A clever, thought-provoking, and entertaining CD series worth listening to in one's darkest moments.
Parents, Cast Your Vote!
Students, Now It’s Your Turn!
- Our Advocacy Goals for This YearEven as HSLDA presses for reform in New York, we have a full slate of advocacy goals for the coming year.
- HSLDA, Governor’s Office Save This Homeschooler’s JobA pharmacy tech nearly lost her job because officials initially refused to accept her homeschool diploma.
- What the New Tax Reform Law Means for Homeschooling FamiliesThe child tax credit doubled. And 529 savings accounts were expanded … sort of. That’s where things got complicated.
- January 10 Hearing for New Homeschool RuleThe Department of Education is in the process of bringing the homeschool regulations up to date.
- State Blocks Another Homeschool AlumHealth officials didn’t want to give an experienced out-of-state phlebotomist a license—just because she was homeschooled.
- Our Advocacy Goals for This Year
For spelling practice, try: